Non solo D&D e Vampiri! Esistono moltissimi sistemi di GdR, presentiamoli e discutiamone qui!
Rispondi al messaggio

Cyberpunk 203X

gio mag 26, 2005 15:32

Gamegrene: The most obvious question on everyone's mind is, what's up with Cyberpunk 203X? Is there a shelf date yet? What can we expect? What'll be different? Will there still be Netrunners and Rockerboys and Solos?

Mike Pondsmith: Whoa. Lot to cover there. Shelf date is February (I hope). What you can expect: Cyberpunk with the gain turned up. Night City is now the largest City in the world. The Net has collapsed, but there are new net things even cooler. Rival groups (including the megacorps) are vying for world control. There are new cybertechnologies that reflect the changes in the genre. New weapons, new tech, new characters, new goals. Netrunners, rockers and solos will still be around, but in multiple forms depending on the altcult. Get ready for Idols, City Fighters, Transporters, Imaginators, Dragoons and Whaleboys, for example.

GG: Tell me a little about the Fuzion system for those who are unfamiliar with it. How much of Fuzion does the new Cyberpunk incorporate?

MP: Fuzion is like a hybrid between Mekton and Interlock, by way of Hero. There are a few new Stats (CON), and few have been taken out (ATT). REF has been broken into REFlex and DEXterity (it was a real game breaker before). Resolution is still STAT+SKILL+1D10 against a Difficulty Value (DV). The only big change is that I scrapped the old Wound Track--the main reason for this is that in V3, you will be dealing with, humans, animals, altered humans, full cyborgs, power armors, robots and vehicles all in one arena. There's no way the old Wound Track could move between all of these--especially when a player can go from normal human to four-armed human in one character. So yes, we're using Fuzion's all over HP system. However, most of the rules are couched in traditional Cyberpunk 2020 terms and you'll recognize a lot of stuff right off the bat.

GG: Show us in your crystal ball what's in store for Cyberpunk fans over the next year or two.

MP: The main book, followed by a Ref's toolkit right off. Then we want to do a new sourcebook every other month. These will be a bit shorter than in the past, but packed with stuff you can use right now; tools, characters, locations, etc. There will also be a lot of new stuff posted on the website.

GG: What got you interested in Cyberpunk in the first place?

MP: Blade Runner. My all time favorite movie. One of the few worlds I'd like to live in. I love the technology and the dark, film noir style. What can I say? My favorite places all have wet city streets with reflected neon signs.

GG: What are some of the works that have influenced the feel of the new Cyberpunk game? Did you go back to the classics (Gibson, Stephenson) or is there new stuff people should check out?

MP: The classics are still represented, but there's been an explosion of Cyberpunk stuff since the 2020 days. Even Stephenson and Gibson have expanded. You'll see stuff from new literary sources, Japanese animation (they do some really interesting stuff), several new movies that have come out, and a lot of our own twisted creations. A lot of the book is also a commentary on the current 21st century, how corporations influence modern life, the ideologies of groups, government, modern warfare, elections, cloning, media...you name it.

GG: With D&D 3.5, a new GURPS, the new World of Darkness, etc., where do you think Cyberpunk fits into the broader scheme of gaming nowadays?

MP: Hey, you left out Champions and Call of Cthulhu! All of these games represent a move back to classic RPG sources. I think Cyberpunk will be in great company.

GG: Do you play any online RPG's (such as Everquest)? What's your opinion of them? Have you tried any of the Cyberpunk-themed ones (like Anarchy Online?)

MP: I've played Anarchy Online, City of Heroes, Everquest, The Sims, There and Toontown, to name a few (LOL). I've been working as a designer on Matrix Online for the past year, which is about as close to a Cyberpunk MMORPG as you can get without being CP.

GG: Everyone always asks, who is R. Talsorian, anyway? Is it a real person?

MP: Let's say its a real person who never plays RPGs and leave it at that ;-)

Febbraio è passato da un po :x
http://www.talsorian.com/!CPV3FIN.PDF --> anteprima di 15 pagine del manuale ;)

gio mag 26, 2005 15:37

a quest'ora di mettermi a ragionare troppo seriamente per tradurre tutta quest'intervista, nun mi prende cmq se è per trasportare anche Cyberpunk al d20, dico NO anche se in realtà non mi piace moltissimo l'attuale sistema.
Magari fra un paio d'orette l'ho traduco.
Ciao :wink:

gio mag 26, 2005 20:00

Cyberpunk al d20?!?!
Ma crisbio, uno dei migliori sistemi di gioco mai prodotti (seppur con i suoi difetti), e fanno sta genialata?

(ovviamente non avevo voglia di leggere l'intervista :P )

gio mag 26, 2005 20:05

leggendo rapidamente ora sono le 20:00 :lol: , mi par di capire che il cambiamento non sarà così radicale, ci sarà sempre il d10+STAT+Gradi;
ci sono delle stat in Più e il sistema dei PF è stato modificato per permettere ad un uomo di sopravvivere in mezzo a 4 full replacement.
Il tutto più o meno of course :wink:

mer giu 29, 2005 08:35

Ma che state a dire?? :shock:
Sta per uscire la nuova versione di Cyberpunk, che non c'entra ASSOLUTAMENTE nulla col D20.. :roll:

mer giu 29, 2005 08:48

hai letto il mio ultimo post???

sab set 30, 2006 13:51

Cyberpunk credo abbia una delle ambientazioni più belle del mondo GdR...Ovviamente ha anche lui i suoi difetti o bug, ma quali GdR non ce li ha???Speriamo ke non lo rovinino con la boiata del d20system come hanno fatto con molti altri giochi :(

mer ott 04, 2006 12:42

Andrebbe un po' aggiornata la tecnologia: ad esempio, abbassare il peso dei cellulari...
E magari, migliorare il sistema di esperienza.

Non vado matto per le ambientazioni cyberpunk (shadowrun ha anche la magia, perciò é un caso a parte), ma certo un gioco della portata di Cyberpunk va gestito con tutti i santi crismi, é praticamente un cult!
Rispondi al messaggio