Oggi è gio mar 28, 2024 20:26

Tutti gli orari sono UTC + 1 ora [ ora legale ]

Autore Messaggio
 Oggetto del messaggio: The Arabic World
MessaggioInviato: dom apr 29, 2012 09:58 
Non connesso
Miglior Avatar Natalizio
 Profilo

I'm actually a student of arabic language! I study at L'Orientale [The Oriental] in Naples, one of the oldest and major centre of Orientalistics studies and culture in Italy and Europe.

I found hard to believe the high number of mistakes that journalists make in their articles about the arabic culture, words and meanings, making of the whole arabic community a huge like-minded population...
Take in example the islamic word jihad. Journalists have translated it "Sacred War" while its true meaning is "effort". There is a "Great Effort" and a "Lesser Effort". The "Great Effort" is the spiritual one against the evil and temptations of flesh, bad acts and vices; the "Lesser Effort" is the war against the people who treath muslims and Islam in his own land (dar al-islam / house of Islam).

First of all, I think that is important give a look to the map:

Immagine

Those are the states part of the Arabic League. From Morocco (Maghreb) to UAE the Arab World is spread in more than 20 realities!

Another important point is the difference between Arabs and Islamics... the Arabs are approximately the 20% of Islamics in the world. Islam is spread from America to Europe, from Africa to Indonesia. So saying Arab doesn't mean Islamic!
There is not ONE Islam for Islamics... Sunnes, Shiites, Sufies, Bahais, Nizars (the famous "Assassins", which live their spirituality in India, with their president, Khan) are only few of the many realities of Islam.

as-salamu 'alaykum / peace be upon you :d

Tutti gli orari sono UTC + 1 ora [ ora legale ]